Piracetam and Practicalities
Nootropics are a family of drugs whose effects are known to offer great benefit to the human mind, as well as other aspects of the body. Belgian scientist Corneliu Giurgea developed Piracetam in 1964, one of the best known of tees substances.
Part of the Nootropics family, and derived from a substance called GABA, Piracetam has become one of the most famous drugs of this ilk for a very simple reason. It has been shown in a very positive light when discussing the successful treatment of a number of ailments humans suffer, especially those that concern the brain and nervous system.
Coming with virtually no side effects, the drug has been shown to have a positive effect on ailments and illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, heart disease and Cerebral Palsy.
Piracetam acts on the central nervous system. It acts by protecting the cerebral cortex, and preventing a deficiency of oxygen in the brain. The cerebral cortex is responsible for many things when it comes to the operations of the human body, but primarily it plays a role in perception and memory.
Piracetam is available in liquid or tablet form, this makes it one of the more versatile Nootropics out there. People who have taken the substance attest to the benefit in having the option of taking the drug either as a liquid or a tablet.
There are a number of issues that need to be considered before one takes Piracetam. The issues are outlined below:
- You must let your doctor know if you intend to take this substance and you are pregnant. If you are trying for a baby, you must again let your doctor know.
- If you suffer from problems of any kind as regards the liver or kidneys, then you must make your doctor aware of this.
- If you have had an allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicine, then let your doctor know.
- It is especially vital that you inform your doctor you are taking any other medication or herbal supplement. This is due to the fact that there may be reactions with other drugs and substances. Your doctor can advise on this matter.
When you are taking Piracetam, there are a number of things you should be aware of. And remember; always tell your doctor if you have any concerns about any drug you are taking. If your doctor prescribes Piracetam for you, always ensure that you take the drug in exactly the same way the doctor has advised you to.
In addition, you must always read the manufacturer’s information leaflet that comes with the drug. If you can do this before you begin to take the substance, even better.
If you take the solution in the liquid form, you will find that it has quite a bitter taste. Many users find that drinking a glass of fruit juice or water after taking the liquid helps.
Other points to consider:
- Do not stop taking Piracetam suddenly. This can cause problems for you and your body. As with all drugs, let your doctor know if you intend to stop taking the drug. He or she will advise on a suitable stopping schedule.
- Never take more than the prescribed dose of Piracetam. If you or anyone you suspect takes more than the recommended dose, consult with a hospital immediately. And take the bottle or container with you, even if it is empty.
- Even if their condition appears to be similar to yours, or they express the wish to take the drug, never ever give Piracetam to anyone else.
- Keep the container the drug comes in out of the reach of children. Piracetam can make people drowsy, and will have a marked effect on children.
- If you have some Piracetam that is out of date, get rid of it at the earliest opportunity.
Some practical considerations as regards Piracetam then. If you have any doubt about taking the drug or the effect it has on you, consult a physician.